back to job listings
Mechanical Assembly Technician
DD DANNAR, LLC, is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of a mobile, off-road energy platform that is the first in a new class of hybrid-electric work vehicles. We are looking for a Mechanical Assembly Technician to assist the assembly team in the fabrication, assembly and installation of the Mobile Power Station. (MPS).
This position is responsible to put all parts together on the MPS ensuring all parts fit and work together, and make adjustments as needed.
Essential functions (to include Key Performance Indicators and percentage of time on each):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Determine and select correct hardware. 5%
- Read and interpret drawings. 5%
- Adjusting parts for correct fit and modify when needed. 5%
- Select appropriate tools as needed for each job. 5%
- Construct the unit. 80%
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma
- Use of hands tools
- Ability to read and understand drawings from Engineering Department
- Must be self-directed
- Be a productive part of a team
- Proven ability to meet deadlines successfully
No positions report to this role.
- Working on assembly floor
- Possible exposure to varying categories of electricity
- Possible exposure to fluids used on/in the unit
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Must be able to climb onto unit
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (hours)
- Must be able to bend and go under unit
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions when traveling and work on units already in the field
As needed for vehicles in the field, approximately 10% of time
Required education and experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum certification of yellow belt in Six Sigma – resource for certification https://six-sigma-global-institute.thinkific.com/
- Experience using hand tools
- Must have ability to make decisions on needed parts and adjustments
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Electrical experience
- Experience in manufacturing
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
Authorized to work in United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DANNAR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.