back to job listings
Battery Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Battery Systems Engineer job located in Muncie, IN. Reporting to the Technical Product Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the engineering of the EV Battery System. Your understanding of the battery will be both technical as well as the mechanical body. You will have engineering level sign off on the battery pack, thus you will need to have a strong understanding of the inner workings of the battery. The batteries with which you work will be used as both stationary chargers as well as power source to the vehicle.
As the Battery Systems Engineer, your job duties will include:
- Performing battery pack design activities and providing technical guidance to all engineering disciplines (software, electrical, mechanical) through all phases of the development process, including DFMEA, prototyping, design for manufacturability, verification, and release to production
- Developing test procedures and equipment for performing electrical product and component evaluations using cell cycling equipment and other diagnostic tools, both internally and in labs
- Performing risk analysis on issues in the development of the product
- Utilizing CAE techniques with component system and full vehicle models to assess performance in durability, stiffness, and strength attributes for full EV structure and battery systems
- Developing and supporting subsystem level & full vehicle correlations in line with standard protocols and best practices
- Performing post-test reviews and corroborate the CAE and CFD predictions to test results
- Developing the Battery Management System wiring system
- Developing the Battery Management System electrical connections
- Developing the high voltage cell interconnect systems
- Developing the high voltage power rail system
- You will utilize your knowledge and experience in the areas of electrical systems, electro-mechanical design requirements, automotive vehicle dynamics, battery systems and behavior, battery cell enclosure system, etc. daily
You are the perfect person if you have a:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of battery systems experience with a minimum of four (4) years in EV industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with high voltage and high capacity battery systems
- Strong familiarity with performance, quality, safety, and manufacturability considerations is important
If you are interested in this Battery Systems Engineer job, please complete our General Job Inquiry form, noting this Job Title and following other notes. Once submitted, you will receive an email from our Human Resources Dept, providing a method for submitting your resume.
DANNAR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.