back to job listings
Chief Financial Officer
The CFO, Chief Financial Officer, is the head of strategic accounting and finance functions of a company. Offering strategic vision to assist the company increase profitability, produce high-quality products and services, and meet strategic goals. You’ll build and manage Accounting and FP&A teams and processes. Furthermore, you’ll create and optimize fundraising processes, monitor and analyze company finances, build financial models, and implement cost-effective growth plans. Ultimately, you’ll build and lead our finance team to ensure we hit key milestones and bring significant value to our stakeholders.
- Serve as a key member of the senior executive leadership team and strategic business partner with management peers and board of directors.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Champion financial and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and continuous improvement.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate department and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors. Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Recruit, interview and attract the best talent to build out the Finance & Accounting team. Cultivate skills and manage performance, guiding the finance and operations organization in career progression, promotions, performance improvement, and hiring practices.
- Exemplify best practices as a self-starter and affect positive change across the organization; create and enforce standards of operating excellence.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations to CEO and other business partners. Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures. Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors, and company’s board of directors.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Oversee merger and acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions and/or divestitures.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials, maintaining outstanding relationships and developing strategic alliances.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Implement DANNAR Finance company for leasing equipment. Secure bond banking of leasing instruments.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Follow Honor Built Philosophy – Honor is how we approach all facets of our organization, as well as our community and customer partnerships.
- Ability to view the business from a broader perspective, integrating finance and business issues to develop insight and solutions that add value to a senior management team beyond finance.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, tax accounting principles, and experience reporting to the SEC.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Ability to show planning ability and how to put together a plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Supervisory Responsibilities (what positions are supervised):
- Any other finance positions
Work environment (need to describe environment and possible exposure to any hazardous materials):
- Office area
- Possibly assembly area – possible exposure to chemicals and electrical
Physical demands (how long standing/sitting; repetitive actions; lifting requirements; ladder; etc):
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
- Less than 5%
Required education and experience:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- 10+ years experience in finance leadership
- Recent experience as (or alternatively 3+ years’ experience as) CFO, preferably at a complex and matrixed organization
- Successful transitioning of a company from privately held to IPO
- Experience successfully evaluating, executing, and integrating acquisitions
- Effective in building a financial team
- Experience in working with all levels of the organization to obtain company goals
- Knowledge of Foreign laws, regulations, and taxation while working with Foreign subsidiaries.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and application of within Finance – Lean Six Sigma Yellow
- Belt Certification minimum (can be obtained post offer)
Preferred education and experience:
- 20+ years of experience in financial leadership within a public traded company
- Proven ability to develop a team and help them succeed in their career goals
- Proof of positive relationship building
- Experience with a fast growing, private equity backed company
- Expertise in Dynamics 365 and Power BI
- Knowledgeable of government contracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS
- Experience within the Off-highway and/or electric vehicle markets
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
Authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DANNAR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.