back to job listings
Entry Level Mechanical/Design Engineer
DD DANNAR, LLC, is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of a mobile, off-road energy platform that is the first in a new class of hybrid-electric work vehicles. We are looking for Entry-level Mechanical Design Engineers to work in our Muncie, IN facility. Design and provide mechanical development support. Analyze first article mechanical samples, develop 2D and 3D CAD drawings, and assist the engineering and quality department with data collection and root cause analysis from reported issues. The applicant may be involved with daily manufacturing and mechanical engineering support activities that will enhance their understating of the manufacturing and engineering processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Work closely with the senior design team to provide design feedback based on mechanical and user requirements.
- Generate detailed drawings and final documentation packages in CAD, verify design integrity using tolerance studies and execute engineering notices by updating drawing revision levels as required for product releases.
- Be able to generate and understand mechanical Bill-of-Material structures
- Work closely with manufacturing to solve mechanical related assembly problems.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Proficient with parametric design software (Solidworks preferred).
- Perform inspections of first article samples of new parts and assemblies within the call-outs of the inspection drawing.
- Ability to operate equipment to measure parts.
- Basic knowledge in parametric design.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Very detail-oriented, accurate and organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confidentiality and time management.
- Follow Honor Built Philosophy – Honor is how we approach all facets of our organization, as well as our community and customer partnerships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- 5% of time
Required education and experience:
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering
- Requires understanding of basic Engineering concepts including materials, fabrication methods, components, and development software.
- Be familiar with CAD modeling concept and terminology.
- Six Sigma Certification – Yellow belt minimum
Preferred education and experience:
- Electro-mechanical system experience
- Exposure to HV system environment
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
Authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DANNAR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.