back to job listings
DD DANNAR, LLC, is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of a mobile, off-road energy platform that is the first in a new class of hybrid-electric work vehicles. We are looking for In-House Counsel to provide guidance and oversight on legal matters for the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Negotiates, drafts, and executes agreements and contracts on behalf of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Serves as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, financings, human resources, and joint ventures.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversees the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of outside counsel.
- Advises on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Leads effort with outside counsel on litigation matters.
- Maintains corporate books and records as well as all legal files.
- Reviews web site, press releases, and general marketing materials for appropriate disclaimers and content.
- Works with outside securities counsel on general securities and corporate matters
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Follow Honor Built Philosophy – Honor is how we approach all facets of our organization, as well as our community and customer partnerships.
- Understanding of business functions such as finance, HR, and marketing.
- Proven experience in advising CEO and Executive team on all legal matters.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Proven organizational and leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of regulatory issues
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with little oversight
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Less than 15% to start, may increase later
Required education and experience:
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited University
- Licensed in the State of Indiana to practice Law
- 7+ years’ experience in corporate law.
- Experience working with all levels of employees.
- Work experience writing contracts for business purposes and employment.
- Good understanding of operations, finance, and human resources.
- First hand knowledge and experience of taking a private company to public status.
- Lean Six Sigma Training – Yellow belt minimum
Preferred education and experience:
- Licensed in multiple states to practice law; including, Indiana and California.
- 10+ years experience in corporate law, working with all levels of employees.
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt or higher.
- Led efforts to take a private company public.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
Authorized to work in United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DANNAR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.