back to job listings
Senior Controls Engineer
This position will lead a team of engineers to develop a central vehicle model and analysis toolsets, to be used by all stakeholders including vehicle dynamics, vehicle controls, durability and performance. Ensure timely and accurate integration of propulsion models to enable the accurate reporting of vehicle performance and efficiency. Verify central model meets the requirements of all internal customers/teams to enable a single source of truth. Develop common processing tool/environment to ensure all vehicle data (test or simulation) is processed in the same format and stored in a central database.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Responsible for contributing/delivering vehicle level energy functions.
- Responsible for production software implementation and validation, as well as the software development process. Develop ground-up software modules including software subsystem architecture, controls, and hardware mode strategy.
- Integrate model-based code for testing. Develop test vectors.
- Participate in code-design reviews.
- Extract data from prototype vehicles and identify correlation opportunities for the plant model. Diagnostics requirements management.
- Perform vehicle level analysis and generate safety goals as well as DFMEA.
- Provide a single point of contact for specific departments to ensure compliance throughout the functional safety life-cycle. Coordinate cross-functional engineering teams to achieve their deliverables.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Follow Honor Built Philosophy – Honor is how we approach all facets of our organization, as well as our community and customer partnerships.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills with a high level of integrity.
- Strong understanding of electrical dynamics, battery behavior, and vehicle cross-functional feature implementation implications.
- Understanding of electric vehicle propulsion systems.
- Familiar with functional safety/ ISO 26262 / STPA, CAN, PLM, ALM, JAMA or equivalent work products and methods.
- Experience with automotive, off-highway or heavy duty equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Less than 5%
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years experience in Controls System software.
- 2+ years experience in MATLAB/Simulink based controls development, code generation, debugging, and model testing.
- 1+ years experience in calibration using models based systems development software or another typical automotive development environment.
- Six Sigma Training – Yellow belt minimum
Preferred education and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of C/C++.
- Experience with Robotic Operating Systems (ROS)
- Familiar with High Voltage Systems
Work authorization/security clearance requirements:
Authorized to work in United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
DANNAR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.